Valuation & Property Services
The BakerAg Valuation and Property team comprises a team of four registered valuers providing services throughout the Greater Wellington & Horizons Regions.
- Market value assessments for rural, residential and lifestyle holdings.
- Values for sale and purchase, ownership entity change, mortgage security and family structures.
- Lease valuation, establishment and management.
- Lease tender facilitation.
- Expert witness services in court or arbitration hearings and assist in mediation disputes.
- Compensation valuations.
- Utilities and infrastructure compensation assessments
- Representation of landowners on their rights and expectations when approached by a utility company to place a public work on their property.
- Advice on electricity and transport easements, gas pipelines, roads and telecommunication masts.
- Advising landowners on wind and solar farms.
- Wind farm option and easement agreements - how to get the best outcome as a landowner.
- Short term wind monitoring licenses.
- Wind farm income projection analysis.
- Wind farm rent reviews.
Chris is a specialist Rural Registered Valuer, Associate of the New Zealand Institute of Valuers and a Senior Member of the Property Institute of New Zealand.
He undertakes valuation work within the greater Manawatu/Palmerston North, Horowhenua, Rangitikei/Whanganui and Tararua districts.
Chris has a passion for property, and understands the complexities of property ownership, together with the everchanging landscape of value and property demand.
He takes pride in our regional centres and rural hinterlands, being raised in Feilding, but born in the Wairarapa, and…
Fergus is a director of the firm joining in 2000. He gained registration in 2001 and completes valuations across the rural sector.
He specialises in lease situations whether it is completing rent reviews for lessors and lessees, establishing new lease arrangements plus ongoing review to ensure lease compliance.
He is also heavily involved in compensation assessments for public works, particularly in the electricity industry. He has been commissioned by corporate entity’s to complete due diligence projects on farm portfolio sales and acquisitions.
He can advise how best…
James has recently joined the BakerAg team after spending eight years as a Valuer based in the Manawatu. Originally born and raised on a 790 hectare hill country sheep and beef farm in the Gladstone District, James recently relocated back home to the Wairarapa where he undertakes valuations across the rural, lifestyle and residential sectors.
James has experience in undertaking a wide range of valuation assignments for a wide variety of clients including bank lending, family succession, compulsory acquisitions, insurance, subdivision proposals and feasibility assignments.
Stuart joined BakerAg in 2004 following a 17 year career as a Rural Chartered Surveyor in his native Scotland. He gained registration in New Zealand in May 2005.
He undertakes valuations across the rural and lifestyle sectors in the Wairarapa and advises farmers & landowners across New Zealand in regard to compensation assessments for public works, including new electricity transmission projects.
He is also a specialist in wind farm and other renewable generation developments and has acted for landowner groups in several of New Zealand’s largest planned wind farm…