The BakerAg dairy team have as core to all services significant experience in dairy farm systems. With this knowledge we work with our clients, their goals and objectives to add value to the physical, financial and environmental performance of their business.
Our people are available through New Zealand to provide the following.
- On-farm consultancy planned to meet our clients strategic needs.
- Farm supervision where more direction and control is required.
- Dairy System Monitoring – for those serious about Plan, Implement, Monitor and Review
- Financial Planning – cashflows, bank funding applications, succession
- Environmental and Farm Compliance
- Farm Modelling (Farmax & Overseer) and Feed Budgeting
- Sharemilking, Contract milking and Lease Agreement Support
- Human Resource – Recruitment, Salary & Performance reviews, Health & Safety
- Discussion Groups – we have several operating in the lower North Island and business group with national coverage.
- Support for industry research – we are often engaged by research organisations.
- Due diligence for property purchase, often in conjunction with our valuation team.
- Milklines – our monthly newsletter for those keeping ahead of the game.
Angela joined BakerAg in 2014 in the role of Dairy Analyst.
Angela's main role is to manage (DSM) Dairy Systems Monitoring Bureau, which is an intensive farm benchmarking and modelling service. Monthly monitoring reports are provided to dairy farm businesses throughout New Zealand. She is also the facilitator for the Pirinoa Discussion Group.
Angela met her farming husband in Dorset, U.K. while on her overseas travels. Over the years they have lived and worked on farms in the Wairarapa and Manawatu regions. In 2009 she completed her Graduate Diploma in Rural Studies (…
Chris Lewis started his consultancy career in Northland (1985) after completing an Agricultural Science degree at Massey University.
Chris was an MAF / Agriculture New Zealand consulting officer from 1986 – 1994. Working in Warworth, Rotorua, Waipukurau and Wairarapa. In 1994 Chris left the Ministry of Agriculture to become a partner of Baker & Associates Ltd now BakerAg.
Chris met his wife Rachael while working (OE) in London. They now live on the outskirts of Masterton while their two young adult children are away expanding their horizons.
Chris has specialised…
Martin has worked as an agricultural consultant since graduating from Massey University in 1981 primarily in the dairy sector. Initial years through the 80's were spent with the MAF in Dannevirke.
After a two year OE experience where he met his wife Cathy they returned to NZ settling in the Manawatu where Martin established himself as a specialist in the dairy sector.
The dairy industry has experienced significant growth over the last decade requiring sound financial and management planning to achieve a successful and sustainable business that can take advantage of the…
Sarah has joined BakerAg from a role as a Dairy Analyst/ technical support officer for Southern Pastures, a New Zealand dairy company with 20 dairy farms nationwide. After graduating in 2016 with BAgSci (Hons), Sarah gained on-farm experience working on dairy farms in New Zealand, Holland and Germany, and broad acre cropping farms in Western Australia.
Sarah enjoys working with farmers to understand their farming system, both physically and financially, to help achieve a sustainable and resilient farming system. She enjoys the challenge of problem solving with farmers to…
Stefan joined BakerAg in February 2013 as a Dairy Consultant after 15 years of hands on dairy farming and graduating from Massey University with a Bachelor of Applied Science majoring in Agricultural Systems & Management.
Stefan is based in Feilding and services the Manawatu, Tararua and Wairarapa area.
Stefan is married to Hester and has 5 children. In his spare time he enjoys playing volleyball, camping & enjoying the outdoors and spending time with his family.