Richmond Is currently on Sabbatical, for any enquireies please contact Ed Harrison at Ed@bakerag.co.nz
Richmond was born and bred on his parent’s sheep & beef farm in Gladstone. While studying at Massey University he spent his holidays running a crutching gang and shearing. After graduating in 2007 with a Bachelor of Applied Science Richmond worked for Ballance Agri -nutrients as a technical field representative. After this role he moved to Meat & Wool New Zealand in the Economic Service, analysing 60 sheep & beef farms annually up the East Coast for 4 Years. He then spent 3 years working as an extension manager for B+LNZ working with farmers to help improve their farm businesses.
Richmond sought to extend his practical knowledge and left the office to go shepherding and then managed a high performing 4300 SU Sheep & Beef property for 2 years in the Wairarapa.
A strong base of technical and practical knowledge means Richmond is equipped to deal with all aspects of sheep & beef farm systems from fertilisers to feed and financial planning.
When not working Richmond enjoys getting outside and can be found out diving, fishing or trail riding or getting some hands on action at his parent’s farm.
Completed contracts and projects of note:
- Water Wairarapa – Sheep & beef & cropping feasibility case studies for a large irrigation project in the Wairarapa.
- Financial & physical benchmarking for the Red Meat Profit Partnership (RMPP).
- Financial & physical benchmarking for the Ahuwhenua Sheep & Beef Competition
- Developed B+LNZ ewe body condition scoring workshops
- Contributed to B+LNZ growing great lambs workshops
- Developed and delivered B+LNZ Entry & Exit workshops for Sheep & Beef Farmers
Membership & Qualifications
Massey University, Bachelor of Applied Science
Member of the New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management
Certificate in - Sustainable Nutrient Management in New Zealand, Massey University (Overseer Modelling